Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
> On 12/20/19 8:59 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The rule is that a range partition from A to B covers values A <= X < B.

> If I were to ask to count *from* 1 *to* 100, you'd count from 1 to 100,
> *not* 1 to 99.  Who decided to arbitrarily break a grammatical rule we
> (native English speakers, and I bet everyone else, too) all learn as
> children, causing all sorts of needless confusion and breakage?

This rule breaks fewer things than a rule of A <= X <= B would.  In
particular, for more-or-less-continuous values like float8s or timestamps,
you really really don't want to have to write down
the-last-possible-value-before-the-start-of-the-next-partition.

Сообщение: Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning by month causing an error?