Re: large objects missing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: large objects missing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Warren Little <wlittle@securitylending.com> writes:
> In an attempt to migrate from 7.3 to 7.4 doing a pg_dumpall I did not
> get any of my large objects.  Is there a special process which needs to
> take place and is there a way to simple copy the large objects
> seperately?

pg_dumpall doesn't handle large objects, because it can only do textual
output format and pg_dump doesn't have a way to dump large objects
textually.  What you have to do at the moment is use pg_dump
individually on each DB that contains large objects, specifying either
-Fc or -Ft (I'd recommend the former) plus -b to dump blobs.  Then
pg_restore each of these dumps.  I think you can use pg_restore's list
option to select just the blobs to be restored, but I'm not sure how
well that really works when the destination DB has already been modified
to some extent.  You'd be well advised to experiment in a scratch copy
of the database before you try it on your live DB.