Re:Re: PostgreSQL14.2 can not start because of huge_page_size is equal to 1048576

От yanliang lei
Тема Re:Re: PostgreSQL14.2 can not start because of huge_page_size is equal to 1048576
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Oh,I see!
I will test this case in the rhel8.5( RHEL 8.5  is the latest version of RHEL so far)
I will post my test result  through this email。

At 2022-05-10 00:27:14, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote: >"yanliang lei" <msdnchina@163.com> writes: >> The DETAIL message says " huge_page_size must be 0", but you did not set huge_page_size to 0. >> ---huge_page_size is the pg14 new parameter£¬The default value of this parameter is zero (0). When set to 0, the default huge page size on the system will be used. >> in the pg 14 documents---¡®Non-default settings are currently supported only on Linux.¡¯ so £¬ I want to try to find a method to let PostgreSQL 14 to use non-default hugepagesize£¬ > >The code that's throwing the error says > > /* Recent enough Linux only, for now. See GetHugePageSize(). */ > >I don't know what "recent enough" is in this context, but evidently >RHEL7 isn't it (no surprise considering that's a trailing-edge distro >at this point). > >I don't find it surprising that the authors of this feature didn't >try to document exactly which Linux versions it can be used on. >Keeping such documentation accurate would be a nightmare. > > regards, tom lane >