moving users/roles from one server to another?

От Chris Curvey
Тема moving users/roles from one server to another?
Дата
Re: moving users/roles from one server to another?  (Marcelo Martins <pglists@zeroaccess.org>)
Список pgsql-admin
I'm a newbie to PG administration (although I have experience with
other DBs).  I need to move a single database to a brand new server.

I've set up the new server with initdb, set up pg_hba.conf and
postgresql.conf, and I can use dump and restore to move the database
to the new environment.

What I can't figure out is how to move all the existing users and
roles over.  I know about pg_dumpall, but that seems to be overkill --
I don't need to move *all* the databases on my original server, just
one of them.

Is there a way to copy over just the users (with their passwords) and
the roles?