Re: front-end to Postgres

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: front-end to Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 18.08.2006, at 16:14 Uhr, Karen Springer wrote:

> I am curious what others out in the community are using as a front-
> end to Postgres.  We are currently using Microsoft Access & Python
> CGI scripts.

We use WebObjects [1] for internal and external applications.
WebObjects and its DirectToWeb technology enables us to have "Data
collection applications for web users" up and running in a matter of
days or one or two weeks what would take weeks to months with other
technologies (our experience - YMMV).

I'm currently building a tool for having "micro sites" with special
features, Lucene integration, portal frontend, admin application,
about 30 tables, lots of relationships. I started this week and it
has to be online by Sept. 1st. We will see - currently I'm on
schedule ... ;-)

Ah, for the record: WebObjects is FREE. No fee to pay. Free
development tools for Mac OS X, supported platform is Mac OS X, but
it should run on every Java 2 capable platform. Recommended dev tools
are Eclipse with WOLips (also free). I don't think it's really useful
to do development on other platforms than Mac OS X, but it is
possible. Deployment is free too.

cug

[1] http://www.apple.com/webobjects

Сообщение: Re: vacuumdb exclude tables option?
Сообщение: Re: vacuumdb exclude tables option?