Re: [HACKERS] Assignment of valid collation for SET operations on queries with UNKNOWN types.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Assignment of valid collation for SET operations on queries with UNKNOWN types.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> The way this patch has been written, it doesn't allow creating tables
> with unknown type columns, which was allowed earlier.

Yes, that's an intentional change; creating such tables (or views) has
never been anything but a foot-gun.

However, I thought the idea was to silently coerce affected columns from
unknown to text.  This doesn't look like the behavior we want: