Re: [HACKERS] Indirect indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Indirect indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> One exception: in htup_details.h I changed the definition of
> HeapTupleHeaderIsHeapOnly() so that it returns a true boolean rather
> than a random bit in a wider integer.  Without this change, my compiler
> complains when the result is passed as a bool argument into a function.

That should probably get committed as a separate bug fix, and
back-patched.  Since HEAP_ONLY_TUPLE is 0x8000, the result of the existing
macro would actually fail to fit into a bool variable, meaning we have a
real coding hazard here.  It would be nasty if code developed in HEAD
failed when back-patched because of that.

Andres ran around and fixed a bunch of these hazards before, but
evidently missed this one.