Re: pg_dumpall: pg_conversion table not saved

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall: pg_conversion table not saved
Дата
Re: pg_dumpall: pg_conversion table not saved
Список pgsql-general
Michael Enke <michael.enke@wincor-nixdorf.com> writes:
> I updated pg_converion to set the condefault=false where I need it.

Why are you needing to replace an existing default conversion?
Do we have a bug in it?

> pg_dumpall does NOT write that table out and therefore it is not possible to restore, this update get lost.

pg_dump does not (and shouldn't) dump system-defined objects.  It has
no way to know that you modified the definition of such an object.

> Why can not the "CREATE DEFAULT CONVERSION ..."
>       a) return with an error if there is another default conversion existing or

AFAICS it does.

Сообщение: Re: Backup/Restore of single table in multi TB database
Сообщение: Re: Backup/Restore of single table in multi TB database