Re: Multiple clusters with same tablespace location

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Multiple clusters with same tablespace location
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nate Dudenhoeffer <ndudenhoeffer@gmail.com> writes:
> The issue is that both clusters are using a base_backup and wal restore
> from the same master database, so when they are restored, the tablespace
> will already exist. Is there a way to change the tablespace location during
> the recovery process?

You would definitely need each slave to have its own copy of the
tablespace.  I've not done this myself and would strongly recommend
testing on non-production instances, but I believe you can make it work
by adjusting each slave's $PGDATA/pg_tblspc symlinks to point to different
locations.  When setting up new slave instances, pg_basebackup's
--tablespace-mapping option would help you with that.  For an existing
slave instance, you'd need to shut it down while manually moving the
tablespace directory(s) and re-pointing the symlink(s).

Сообщение: Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?
Сообщение: Re: MediaWiki + PostgreSQL is not ready for production?