Re: query plan ignoring check constraints

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: query plan ignoring check constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus said:
> KL-
>
>> I still think the fact that that discussion is taking place on a
>> completely non-hackers mailing list is the lamest thing ever...
>
> What, like phpPgAdmin?  ;-)

Josh,

That is not an appropriate analogy at all - range partitioning is an
inherently server-side feature, while phppgadmin is a client-side admin GUI.
Chris' point as I understand it is that server-side features should be
discussed on -hackers, and I have some sympathy with that POV.

And if you feel like mentioning plperlng in this context, I will tell you
that I wouldn't do it again that way in the light of experience, even though
it is arguably far more separable.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: query plan ignoring check constraints
Сообщение: Re: query plan ignoring check constraints