Re: Getting rid of duplicate tables.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Getting rid of duplicate tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jared Carr <jared@89glass.com> writes:
>> For starters, what PG version is this?  And how many entries are there
>> in pg_class at the moment?  (The output from "VACUUM VERBOSE pg_class"
>> would be useful to look at.)

> This is version 7.4.1 (upgraded from 7.4 about 3 weeks ago).

Okay, that shoots down my faint hope that this was an old bug.  I am
growing increasingly suspicious that there is some corner-case problem
with duplicate rows in 7.4, because we've seen two or three reports now
of problems with unexpected duplicates.  The reports all have different
symptoms but I sense a common theme ...

> And the contents of pg_class relating to this table.
>
> live=# select * from pg_class where relname='order_to_do';

I was just about to ask for that, but I need to see the system columns
too:

select oid,ctid,cmax,xmax,cmin,xmin,* from pg_class
  where relname='order_to_do';

Also, would you check whether you get the same results from this query
with enable_indexscan switched off?