Re: Seek info on 7.4.23 server/8.1.1 psql compatibility issues.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Seek info on 7.4.23 server/8.1.1 psql compatibility issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kenneth Banyas <kenneth.banyas-1@nasa.gov> writes:
> I have a functioning 7.4.23 server on Debian 4, 32-bit.

> I connect fine using 7.4.23 remote clients.

> Remote connections from an 8.1.1 psql client on SUSE, 64-bit, hang after
> the password prompt appears and a password is entered.
> However, the 7.4.23 server log indicates that a valid connection was made.

Hm... the case works for me:

$ psql ...
Welcome to psql 8.1.18 (server 7.4.26), the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

WARNING:  You are connected to a server with major version 7.4,
but your psql client is major version 8.1.  Some backslash commands,
such as \d, might not work properly.

regression=#

One thing to check is whether you have a ~/.psqlrc containing commands
that wouldn't work against the older server.  Failing that, I'm going
to bet that this is a firewall issue of some sort.