Re: some grammar refactoring

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: some grammar refactoring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-05-25 21:09, Mark Dilger wrote:
> I don't think it moves the needle too much, either.  But since your patch is entirely a refactoring patch and not a
featurepatch, I thought it would be fair to ask larger questions about how the code should be structured.  I like using
enumsand switch statements and getting better error messages, but there doesn't seem to be any fundamental reason why
thatshould be in the command execution step.  It feels like a layering violation to me.

Most utility commands don't have an intermediate parse analysis pass.
They just go straight from the grammar to the execution.  Maybe that
could be rethought, but that's the way it is now.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: password_encryption default
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions