Re: Is there an equivalent of the W3c HTML checker for SQL?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is there an equivalent of the W3c HTML checker for SQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> writes:
> This may seem like a question unrelated to Postgresql, but I have recently
> noticed a project that is having a discussion about how their code should
> be developed.  They are (unfortunately) developing first with MySQL, because
> that is what they are familiar with (I assume), but that inevitably leads
> to have to backfit changes when they later come to support other DBs (like
> Postgresql).

The best advice would be to test against both DBs continuously during
development.  Of course this requires that the developers buy into the
idea that cross-database portability is worth some work ... it sounds
like they have not yet figured out that MySQL is not the universe :-(