Re: Startup problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Startup problem
Дата
Re: Startup problem
Список pgsql-admin
"Alexandre Becquereau" <alex@safelogic.com> writes:
>     I have a problem running Postgres at startup. I use the
> start-scripts/linux script in /etc/rc.local.

The one in our contrib/?  That's pretty old, crufty, and unmaintained.
The one most people actually use on RPM-based systems is the one that
comes with our RPM distribution ... is there a reason you're not using
the RPM?

Anyway I would guess the problem comes from the fact that the contrib
script uses "su".  The RPM script doesn't:

# For SELinux we need to use 'runuser' not 'su'
if [ -x /sbin/runuser ]
then
    SU=runuser
else
    SU=su
fi

and eventually

    $SU -l postgres -c "$PGENGINE/postmaster -p '$PGPORT' -D '$PGDATA' ${PGOPTS} &" >> "$PGLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null

but you really ought to adopt the whole script not just that one bit.

> I previously used a 7.6 version on Fedora Core 3 and there was no problem
> launching it on boot.

I believe FC3 didn't have SELinux security ... it certainly didn't have
it enabled by default.