Re: Trouble with replication

От David Greco
Тема Re: Trouble with replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general

From: Michael Paquier [mailto:michael.paquier@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:43 PM
To: David Greco
Cc: John R Pierce; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with replication

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM, David Greco <David_Greco@harte-hanks.com> wrote:

On the master or on the slave, or on both? I thought shipping the archived WAL files from the master to the slave did this already?

In your case you need to transfer the WAL files using streaming replication, so you need to set wal_keep_segments to a value high enough on master such as the slave can can up. For reference:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-replication.html

--
Michael

That document mentions “(However, the standby server can recover by fetching the segment from archive, if WAL archiving is in use.)”. That appears to be my problem, that is not actually occurring in my case.