Re: Trouble with replication

От David Greco
Тема Re: Trouble with replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general

From: Michael Paquier [mailto:michael.paquier@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:43 PM
To: David Greco
Cc: John R Pierce; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Trouble with replication

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM, David Greco <David_Greco@harte-hanks.com> wrote:

On the master or on the slave, or on both? I thought shipping the archived WAL files from the master to the slave did this already?

In your case you need to transfer the WAL files using streaming replication, so you need to set wal_keep_segments to a value high enough on master such as the slave can can up. For reference:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-replication.html

--
Michael

Then what is the purpose to shipping the archived WAL files to the slave? i.e. if wal_keep_segments has to be high enough to cover any replication lag anyways, then should I even bother shipping them over?