Re: INSTALL file

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: INSTALL file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/11/2018 00:14, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> GNU make, version 3.8 or newer
> ISO/ANSI C compilar (at least C99-compliant)
> Flex 2.5.31 or later, and Bison 1.875 or later (for building from git)
> Perl 5.8.3 (for building from git)

I'm not in favor of listing all these versions here.  It's one more
thing to keep updated.  The version requirements are not outrageous, so
we can assume that someone with a reasonably up-to-date development
machine has appropriate versions.

I'm also not convinced that this list is actually complete.  From an
"empty" start you'd typically need at least zlib and readline on top of
those.