Re: Option shared_buffers in PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Option shared_buffers in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Javier Reyes <c.javier.reyes.e@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a server with 4GB of RAM and PostgreSQL 9.0.3 on Centos 5. I'm using
> pgbench and pgbench-tools to measure performance, using two pgbench-tools
> queries: select and tpc-b.

> With default settings of postgresql.conf and select query, I get the
> following results:

> Scale: 1, 10, 100, 1000.
> Transactions per second: 10000, 8800, 7500, 100.

These numbers look like complete junk from here.  I suspect you were
using a number-of-transactions parameter that's too small to give stable
answers.  If you don't have the value set high enough so that each
pgbench run lasts at least a couple of minutes, I wouldn't put any
credence in the results.  See also the other "good practices" mentioned
at the bottom of the pgbench documentation page.