Re: Win1250 database under linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Win1250 database under linux
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Damir Bijuklic <damirbijuklic@yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm using WIN1250 locale on both databases.

Does your Linux platform even have such a locale?  Mine doesn't.
("locale -a" will show you what is supported.)  I suspect your
machine is not recognizing the LANG setting and is falling back
to behave as though the locale is POSIX.

> Client is java, and no special SET commands are
> executed on connection... Don't know other specifich
> which would be useful.

AFAIK, Java does not do WIN1250, only Unicode.

You would probably be best off using Unicode (UTF8) encoding and some
suitable locale setting (again, see "locale -a") on the Unix platform.