Win1250 database under linux

От Damir Bijuklic
Тема Win1250 database under linux
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi.

I have ecountered strange behaviour with postgres 8
under linux so I am reporting this as a bug. I haven't
compiled postgres myself because it is on hosted
server but it is an options if it would solve this
problem.

The problem i'm having seems to be known but i don't
know if there is a workaround. Functions upper() and
lower() don't change value for Croatian national
characters under linux (others probably as well, but i
havent tested). Operator ILIKE doesn't work correctly
either.

I have tried to reporeduce bug under windows version
of postgres by transfering database via backup/restore
but the windows version is working correctly.

I had to write some pretty ugly query logic as a
temporary workaround for searching national
characters...

Damir