Re: Bug #828: psql in 7.3 can't talk to 7.1 backends

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #828: psql in 7.3 can't talk to 7.1 backends
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I guess we should get the version & refuse to connect...

We deliberately don't do that in psql.  Not having working backslash
commands is not necessarily a fatal lack of functionality --- if you're
just going to issue regular SQL commands then psql will work fine with
backends of quite different versions.  It doesn't seem like a good idea
to shut off access to that functionality.

A warning at startup about differing versions might be appropriate
though.

Сообщение: Re: Bug #827: pg_dump in 7.3 can't dump 7.1 db
Сообщение: Re: Bug #827: pg_dump in 7.3 can't dump 7.1 db