Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> In the first case, x2 is current, having be just switched to from x1,
> while in the second case, x1 is current.  In BSD, you can use ls -ltT to
> see the seconds, but in Linux it is something different, and I am sure
> there are some operating systems that don't allow you to see the seconds
> at all.  What general command-line solution can we propose for this
> process?

For a command-line solution it's probably sufficient to sort by mtime,
ie
    ls -t | head -1

You'll be at worst 1 second behind reality, assuming 1-second
granularity of mtime (and assuming ls sorts by the real mtime not what
it shows you, but that's true everywhere AFAIK).

Сообщение: Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file
Сообщение: Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file