Re: pasting into psql garbles text

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pasting into psql garbles text
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I confirmed that xterm does not exhibit the issue.  So this is at
> least partially a terminal problem.  However, xterm does not directly
> accept pastes from wine clipboard apparently. it only works if I copy
> it to gedit first, then into xterm.

> The _only_ terminal application that exhibits this behavior is psql.
> specifically, vim does not.

FWIW, I have noticed a limitation on how much can be pasted into psql
without freezing it (not more than a few hundred characters, for me).
It's not "garbled" ... psql just gets stuck and has to be SIGTERM'd.
However, there's enough stuff in the chain that I'm not sure
psql/readline is (solely) to blame --- I'm typically working through
a remote xterm over an ssh'd X11 connection.