Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew - Supernews <andrew+nonews@supernews.com> writes:
> On 2005-08-09, "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> wrote:
>> ... or iDE disks with write cache enabled. I've certainly seen more than
>> what I'd call 1% (though I haven't studied it to be sure) that's because
>> of write-cached disks...

> Every SCSI disk I've looked at recently has had write cache enabled by
> default, fwiw.

On SCSI, write cacheing is default because the protocol is actually
designed to support it: the drive can take the data, and then take some
more, without giving the impression that the write has been done.

If a SCSI drive reports write complete when it hasn't actually put the
bits on the platter yet, then it's simply broken.

Сообщение: Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?
Сообщение: Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?