Re: Does pg_dump have a 2GB file-size limit?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Does pg_dump have a 2GB file-size limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Schnur <dnschnur@gmail.com> writes:
> I develop a piece of software that uses PostgreSQL (8.3.5) as a back-end
> database.  The software can, optionally, use pg_dump to create snapshots of
> the database.  One user has run into a problem where pg_dump dumps 2GB, then
> claims that the archive is too large.

Hmm, shouldn't be happening on a reasonably modern Linux system.
You might want to check the pg_config.h that was generated while
building pg_dump, to ensure that _LARGEFILE_SOURCE is defined and
SIZEOF_OFF_T is 8.

Another possibility is that pg_dump is fine but you're trying to write
on a filesystem without largefile support.  Yes, ext3 is okay, but
are you sure the customer is dumping onto ext3?