Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/24/18 07:13, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> .. the status quo seems to be bit optimistic with the "distant future",
> and we should start thinking about dropping plpython2 support, same as
> upstream (a bit optimistically too, IMO) does [1].

I don't think we are going to drop Python 2 support anytime soon.

> What's the expected future migration path from plpython2 to plpython3 in
> such cases?  I'm thinking about rewrite of the docs and creating some
> scripting which could simplify the migration steps.  Would such patches be
> welcome at this point?

I'm not sure what you have in mind.  In many cases, you can just change
the LANGUAGE clause.  I suppose you could run 2to3 over the function
body?  Write a PL/Python function to run 2to3?