Re: inserts slow on table of about 600K recs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: inserts slow on table of about 600K recs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Joe Hudson <jlhudson@www.dminfo.com> writes:
>    Running v7.2.2 on Linux RH 7.2  with 256Mb RAM:  inserts "apparently"
> slowed down to taking a couple of seconds when the table reached around
> 600K recs / 190 Mb.

Inserting per se should be a constant-time operation, independent of the
size of the table.  The index updates are not constant-time, but I can't
see any reason for their performance to suddenly fall off a cliff
either.  What I'm wondering about is triggers --- in particular, do you
have any foreign keys in this table?  Checking the foreign references
could be where the problem is.