Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: small proposal: pg_config record flag variables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>> I would be tempted to have one flag called, say, --build-env which has
>> all the interesting settings from the build environment in one hit.

> The one-flag way would be human readable but not program friendly.

OTOH there's nothing saying we can't do both.

Actually, I now remember having also wished for a "pg_config --all"
switch that would dump out everything the program knows.  The existing
UI makes you ask pretty-please for each tidbit, and that gets old fast.
Would --all serve what you had in mind, or do you specifically want
--build-env?