Re: Losing my database connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Losing my database connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
=?iso-8859-1?q?Aryan=20Ariel=20Rodriguez=20Chalas?= <wimogan@yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm having toubles with my PostgreSQL Database
> Connection. I don't know why, but after more or less
> 10 minutes I lose the connection to a PostgreSQL
> Database which is running in a server in a remote
> site. This means that, if I'm not doing any query to
> the Database on the server, my connections loses
> everty 10 minutes.

This sounds like a firewall problem.  If there's a firewall box between
you and the database server, and the firewall does address translation
(NAT), then it probably has a timeout after which it will drop the
translation info for an idle connection.  Ten minutes sounds
unreasonably short though :-(.  You should be able to adjust that
timeout somewhere in the firewall's settings ... if not, get a new
firewall.