Re: pgsql: SQL-standard function body

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: SQL-standard function body
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 4/7/21 9:50 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> I've wondered about that too. Perhaps we could reuse the pg_upgrade run?

> Honestly I'd prefer it if we could get rid of the rerun of 'make check'
> by pg_upgrade's test.sh and instead upgrade the data directory made by
> the earlier 'make check' run if it's still there (which would mean we'd
> need to stop it being deleted).

Good idea as far as speeding check-world and buildfarm runs, but I wonder
if we wouldn't be losing test coverage.  Seeing the number of times that
buildfarm runs have gotten through "make check" only to fail at the
re-run in pg_upgrade, it seems clear to me that there is something
different about the execution environment in the latter case.  I've
never been able to pin down quite what :-(

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: SQL-standard function body
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: SQL-standard function body