Unsubscribing

От Scott Neville
Тема Unsubscribing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I have had a few people email me directly now, so I will post this out.  Now just to point out I am absolutely nothing to do with the PostgreSQL project or mailing list, I am a Java developer and PostgreSQL DBA.  I agree with the criticism that has been circulated on the mailing list that the migration to the new mailing list platform has been handled poorly.  I hope the community that manage the website are able to take some of this feedback on board and address the issues.  The problem appears to be that most people have joined on the old mailing list system and are unable to un-subscribe for the new mailing list system.  If I could take you off the mailing list I would, but I cant.

Here is how to un-subscribe yourself.  Firstly go here: https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/  This is the new PostgreSQL mailing list management centre, in order to manage your subscriptions you will need an account.  It appears that anyone that was merged from the old system does not have one.  You will need to signup for an account, this can be done here: https://www.postgresql.org/account/signup/ (or using the link on the first URL).  You must use the exact same email address that you are subscribed to on the mailing list.  You will be sent an email to activate your account, please do this.  Now you have done this you should be able to login to the newly created account here: https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/ The system is clever enough to "find" your subscription based on your email address, so once logged in you should see that you are subscribed to pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org at the top, on the right hand side there is a button to allow you to unsubscribe.  Once you have completed this you should no longer get emails from the mailing list (while I cant be 100% sure this works, when I unsubscribe myself my messages to the mailing list are rejected so I am assuming it works).

Hope that helps.

Scott

--
Scott Neville
Software Developer, Bluestar Software

DISCLAIMER: This email message and any attachments is for the sole

use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and

privileged information.  Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure

or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,

please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of

the original message.

The views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect the

views of Bluestar Software Ltd.

Bluestar Software Ltd, Registered in England

Company Registration No. 03537860, VAT No. 709 2751 29