Re: Dependency conflicts on CentOS 4.4

От Brian Mathis
Тема Re: Dependency conflicts on CentOS 4.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/4/07, Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote:
Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
>> Do I need to look for a different 'perl-DBD-Pg' that doesn't depend on
> 'libpq.so.3' or should 'libpq.so.3' be provided by
> 'postgresql-libs-8.2.0-2PGDG.i686.rpm'?

Just make a symbolic link from the shipped libpq.so.5 to libpq.so.3 and
it should work.

Yum kind of stinks because you can't do a --nodeps or force.
You might want to download the perl dbd rpm and install manually without
Yum.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto

While this may work, it pretty much defeats the purpose of using rpm and yum to manage your packages.  Devrim's suggestion is really the best way to go (as are most of his suggestions).  I have used the compat rpm before, and it works like a charm.

Usually nodeps and force are there for a reason, defeating them is usually not what you want.

От: John McCawley
Сообщение: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?
От: John McCawley
Сообщение: Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?