Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?

От John McCawley
Тема Re: Any form of connection-level "session variable" ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think I got it:

CREATE FUNCTION new_get_emp_id() RETURNS INTEGER AS $$ select emp_id
from secureview.tbl_employee where username = (SELECT current_user) $$
LANGUAGE SQL IMMUTABLE;

I made the function immutable so it only calls it once, therefore no
longer requiring a call per-row.