RE: backup of my database...

От Matthew
Тема RE: backup of my database...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Everything I have read indicates that there is no need to take down the
database server before doing a backup.  This is true regardless of the
number of connected users and what they are working on at the time.  In
fact pg_dump fails unless postmaster is running.  The only reason you
would want to stop the server is if you backed up from the filesystem
using tar.