Re: BYTEA / DBD::Pg change in 9.0 beta

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BYTEA / DBD::Pg change in 9.0 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> writes:
> --On 18. Mai 2010 23:20:26 +0200 Jesper Krogh <jesper@krogh.cc> wrote:
>> May I ask whats the reason is for "breaking" the compatibillity?

> "Efficency", if i am allowed to call it this way. The new hex
> representation should be more efficient to retrieve and to handle than the
> old one. I think bytea_output was set to hex for testing purposes on the
> first hand, but not sure wether there was a consensus to leave it there
> finally later.

Yeah, we intentionally set it that way initially to help find stuff that
needs to be updated (as DBD::Pg evidently does).  It's still TBD whether
9.0.0 will ship with that default or not.

Сообщение: Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Сообщение: Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)