Re: unicode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hannes Dorbath <light@theendofthetunnel.de> writes:
>> I hear that FreeBSD doesn't support Unicode, so you're probably out of luck
>> for now.

> Hm, but the locales are there, it's just named de_DE.UTF-8 instead of
> de_DE.utf8 on FreeBSD. InitDB crashs with the following:

> creating template1 database in /opt/pgsql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:  XX000:
> failed to initialize lc_messages to ""
> LOCATION:  InitializeGUCOptions, guc.c:2389

We've seen that happen before.  As far as I can see it indicates
breakage in the locale library: setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, "")
should work, but it's failing.

I'm not certain this is the total story, since the same failure
has been seen on several platforms and it's hard to believe they
are all brain-damaged.  But I don't really see what we should
do differently.