Packaging of postgresql-jdbc

От Pavel Kajaba
Тема Packaging of postgresql-jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello pg-hackers,

I need advice about postgresql-jdbc driver.

Current version in Fedora is behind latest version of postgresql-jdbc (1200 vs 1207).

We are trying to package latest version into Fedora, but there are dependencies, which are not useless in Fedora
(waffle-jna)and ones which we are not 100% open source (osgi-enterprise). We talked with upstream quite intensively but
notbeen able to find any solution which would meet our requirements.

We think that it's not a good, when open-source project depending on packages, which licence is not 100% clear.

Do you have any ideas how we could solve this problem?

It's quite easy to remove it but it's not best solutions because there is a chance that with each release we would have
towork on removing. (Gentoo is doing this way : https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/dev-java/jdbc-postgresql
)

Other distros seem to have similar problem (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libpgjava).
We will be thankful for any idea.