Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-12-30 19:01:10 +0200, Shay Rojansky wrote:
>> The backends seem to hang when the client closes a socket without first
>> sending a Terminate message - some of the tests make this happen. I've
>> confirmed this happens with 9.5rc1 running on Windows (versions 10 and 7),
>> but this does not occur on Ubuntu 15.10. The client runs on Windows as well
>> (although I doubt that's important).

> Hm. So that seems to indicate that, on windows, we're not properly
> recognizing dead sockets in the latch code.

Or we just broke EOF detection on Windows sockets in general.  It might be
worth checking if the problem appears on the client side; that is, given a
psql running on Windows, do local-equivalent-of-kill-9 on the connected
backend, and see if psql notices.  (Hm, although if it's idle psql wouldn't
notice until you next try a command, so it might be hard to tell.  Maybe
kill -9 while the backend is in process of a long query?)

Сообщение: Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Сообщение: Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?