Re: Windows and locales and UTF-8 (oh my)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Windows and locales and UTF-8 (oh my)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm.  If it doesn't need a special case, then we still lack an
>> explanation for the aforementioned bug report.

> From what I can tell that report doesn't tell us very much - we don't
> know server encoding, we don't know server locale, we don't even know
> client encoding. So I don't think we know anywhere *near* enough to say
> it's related to this.

In the followup we found out that he was using UTF-8 encoding:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2007-05/msg00264.php
So while that report certainly left a great deal to be desired in terms
of precision, my gut tells me it's related.  Has anyone tried to
reproduce that behavior by initdb'ing 8.2 in a suitable UTF-8-using
Windows locale?

Сообщение: Re: Windows and locales and UTF-8 (oh my)
Сообщение: Re: Windows and locales and UTF-8 (oh my)