Re: Major upgrade from 9.6.10 to 10.6 and pg_stat_statement update

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Major upgrade from 9.6.10 to 10.6 and pg_stat_statement update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/30/19 7:14 AM, Thomas Poty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am about to upgrade from 9.6.10 to 10.6 .
> I read, in the release notes of the 9.6.11 and of the 10.6, an "alter
> extension pg_stat_statements update" must be done.
>
> So, after my upgrade, must the update of pg_statements be done ?

Per the notes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/release-10-6.html#id-1.11.6.5.4

"In contrib/pg_stat_statements, disallow the pg_read_all_stats role from
executing pg_stat_statements_reset() (Haribabu Kommi)

pg_read_all_stats is only meant to grant permission to read statistics,
not to change them, so this grant was incorrect.

To cause this change to take effect, run ALTER EXTENSION
pg_stat_statements UPDATE in each database where pg_stat_statements has
been installed.
"

So if you have the extension installed then yes. You can check in each
database, using the psql command:

\dx

--
Adrian Klaver