Old tsearch functions

От Howard News
Тема Old tsearch functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

upgrading from 9.5 to 11.1, I have a few tsearch problems that appear to
relate to a much older migration (8.3)

Originally, for those that remember that far back, tsearch was a contrib
module. However it appears that I still have some of the old tsearch
functions in my database, and these were copied into the pg_dump that I
restored into v11 and have caused some confusion and problems.

For example, select to_tsquery('english', 'hello') would not work. The
reason is the additional functions, domains etc that were added to the
public schema, probably from the contrib module, which was removed in v10,

Now I can delete all these extra functions and domains and change the
types of all my tsvector columns from "public.tsvector" to the inbuilt
type "tsvector", but is there an easier way or a script that exists to
do this automatically? (I have a lot of databases with this issue)

Thanks

Howard.