Re: Severe Badness On My Server: psql: FATAL: the database system is starting up

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Severe Badness On My Server: psql: FATAL: the database system is starting up
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mitchell Laks <mlaks@verizon.net> writes:
> Well, the raid1 failed (or is failing - or is trying its hardest to fail, not
> clear yet...). This should not have affected the Postgresql database as it is
> safely on a separate drive.

Try turning off the power, physically disconnecting the raid1, and rebooting.
It sounds to me like the raid drive is so wedged that the kernel is
getting confused (or at least hanging operations that theoretically
shouldn't hang).