Re: AIX support - alignment issues

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 12:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I would not stand in the way of dropping HP-UX and IA64 support as of
>> v16.  (I do still feel that HPPA is of interest, to keep us honest
>> about spinlock support --- but that dual-stack arrangement that IA64
>> uses is surely not part of anyone's future.)

> I tried to find everything relating to HP-UX, aCC, ia64 and hppa.  Or
> do you still want to keep the hppa bits for NetBSD (I wasn't sure if
> your threat to set up a NetBSD/hppa system was affected by the
> hardware failure you mentioned)?

No, the hardware failure is that the machine's SCSI controller seems
to be fried, thus internal drives no longer accessible.  I have a
working NetBSD-current installation on an external USB drive, and plan
to commission it as a buildfarm animal once NetBSD 10 is officially
branched.  It'll be a frankencritter of the first order, because
USB didn't exist when the machine was built, but hey...