Re: Thoughts on multiple simultaneous code page support

От Randall Parker
Тема Re: Thoughts on multiple simultaneous code page support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Well, to me at least the term character set does not define a mapping or encoding. It just specifies a list of
charactersand their numeric representations or mappings not included.

To say "character set mapping" or "character set encoding" might be more complete. Though I tend to use the term "code
page"because that's what I've heard the most down thru the years.

If someone here wants to suggest a particular terminology to use I'd be happy to adopt it in this list.