Re: pg_stat_bgwriter broken?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_stat_bgwriter broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> The way you've explained it now, I see why it's not worth adding a
> specific regression test for this in the future, and what else I should
> have checked when I ran into my problem (that other system stats views
> were also working or not).

FWIW, I wouldn't object to a test that somehow exercised the specific
functionality of the view; I was just dubious that there was any value
in the sort of test you were suggesting.  We found ways to exercise the
table-counter stuff in a sufficiently reproducible way for the stats
test --- can you do something similar here?