Re: postgresql repository question

От Ron
Тема Re: postgresql repository question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 1/25/22 12:44 PM, Carrillo, Juan R wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
Hello

Need some feedback or guidance regarding RHEL 7 and postgres 9.X.

Originally installed postgres from RHEL 7 repository.  Then immediately loaded postgres 9.6.15 from postgresql repository.

Looking at installed packages:

yum list installed | grep postgres
postgresql-libs.x86_64      9.2.24-1.el7_5      @rhel-7-server-rpms
postgresql96.x86_64      9.6.15-1PGDG.rhel7      @pgdg96
postgresql96-contrib.x86_64      9.6.15-1PGDG.rhel7      @pgdg96
postgresql96-libs.x86_64     9.6.15-1PGDG.rhel7     @pgdg96 postgresql96-server.x86_64 9.6.15-1PGDG.rhel7 @pgdg96

postgresql 9.2 is still loaded.  Can we remove 9.2 package without any issues to our existing 9.6 db.

Something else might depend on Pg 9.2.  Is there a "--simulate" option to yum?  If nothing else (besides other old postgresql-related packages which should be updated for Pg 9.6) relies on it, I'd remove it.