Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!

От Vladimir Borodin
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

20 янв. 2017 г., в 18:06, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> написал(а):

Right, without incremental or compressed backups, you'd have to have
room for 7 full copies of your database.  Have you looked at what your
incrementals would be like with file-level incrementals and compression?

Most of our DBs can’t use partitioning over time-series fields, so we have a lot of datafiles in which only a few pages have been modified. So file-level increments didn’t really work for us. And we didn’t use compression in barman before patching it because single-threaded compression sucks.

How are you testing your backups..?  Do you have page-level checksums
enabled on your database?

Yep, we use checksums. We restore latest backup with recovery_target = 'immediate' and do COPY tablename TO '/dev/null’ with checking exit code for each table in each database (in several threads, of course).

pgbackrest recently added the ability to
check PG page-level checksums during a backup and report issues.

Sounds interesting, should take a look.

--
May the force be with you…

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Backup taking long time !!!