Re: psql does not save contents into file at end of command.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql does not save contents into file at end of command.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com> writes:
> tradein_clients=> \o db.lst
> tradein_clients=> \l  (till this point, there is nothing in file db.lst)
> tradein_clients=> \q (now it saves) (also saves if another \o is issued)

> Dunno till what extent this behavior is justified.

I wasn't too excited about this, but on investigation, psql *does*
fflush() the \o file after each ordinary SQL command; it's only
backslash command output that doesn't necessarily reach the file
immediately.  This is inconsistent ... if we're going to do it for
regular commands seems like we should do it for backslash commands
too.