Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....
Дата
Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and  (Joao Miguel Ferreira <jmf@estg.ipvc.pt>)
Список pgsql-novice
Joao Miguel Ferreira <jmf@estg.ipvc.pt> writes:
> On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 15:45, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> How often are you vacuuming the table?

> I wrote that on my original e-mail: I do a "VACUUM ANALYZE" every 30
> minutes and a "VACUUM FULL" every 2 hours.

That's not a good maintenance procedure.  Just do the plain vacuums and
forget the VACUUM FULL.  If the table row count is fairly stable then
plain vacuums are all you need.  I suspect VACUUM FULL is making things
worse not better --- it'll compact the tables, but at the price of
bloating the indexes.

You might want to pay some attention to exactly where the space is
disappearing to --- which files are getting bigger?

If you find you are suffering from index bloat, a very occasional
REINDEX (maybe once a week or less) will fix that, but VACUUM FULL
won't help it at all.  I wouldn't recommend doing this unless
proven necessary, however.

Сообщение: Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and analyze))....
Сообщение: Re: database size grows (even after vacuum (full and